From my $2000 budget, the flight currently costs $323 from my house and $470 from my mom’s house. That leaves $1677 for me and $1533 for mama.
I noticed that the hotels in Portland are pricey so I started looking at AirBnB and found that the cost of staying ranges from $500-1000 for the duration of our trip. Leaving $1200 for me and $1000 for mama. Meaning we can splurge on our spa day.
- Rumi Simone this one is my top choice because of the amount of services that they offer. They have multiple day spa packages ranging from $295-520.
- Dosha offers two different day spa packages from $190-335, which means that we can get add ons. The day long package also offers makeup application for a night on the town.
- DIY Bar is something I am very excited about, I love crafting and making things, and love the chance where mama and I can bond and create something. Each project costs $39 and takes from 1 to 3 hours to create.
- Kennedy Soaking Pool is a soaking experience where we can relax, have a drink, and swim. I love being in water.
- Portland Mercado is a market place of diversity, we will be able to eat delicious food from around Latin America and buy some unique trinkets.
- Portland Aerial Tram will be a sight for us to see Portland in a different way, in the air! We will be able to get a round trip pass for $4.70.
Free-ish activities that I’m looking forward to are:
- Mills End Park (the world’s smallest park) how can we miss this insta-moment?
- Vacuum Museum
- The Portland Farmer’s Market
- Powell’s City of Books will end up being a paid activity just because I love to read, and I know I’ll be able to find something to bring home.
- Witches Castle in Forest Park Conservatory where we can go on a little hike, go outdoors, and explore the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest.
- Urban Waterfall at Keller Fountain Park
- Community Yoga will be fun because it’s fun and we can make some local friends.
I am so ready to visit Portland and make some memories.